I just found out about it yesterday, but here's the scoop! Each day there is a different topic for you to blog about and then link up over at Blog Hoppin! Today is "Let's Talk About Me!"
Here we go!
1. This is the start of my 8th year teaching! They are starting to blend together a little bit. I have to mentally count upward from my first year assignment to remember how many years I've taught! I'm back to teaching 7th grade Language Arts and Social Studies again!!
2. I met my husband playing roller hockey when I was 17 years old. He was originally this jerk that bothered me. Sometimes, he still is that jerk that bothers me, except now I live with the jerk. We both grew up playing hockey and now we're happy to pass that along to our son.
3. I was born and raised in Southern California. My parents moved here from New York in the 1970's. I can't imagine myself living in NY.
4. This is a Disney Household. Disney Channel is usually on some TV in the house, we usually have Disneyland Annual Passes and this winter we are going to DisneyWorld! (Whooooooooooo) I have Belle statues spread throughout my office too.
5. I am afraid of the Smurfs. When I was 7, I watched an episode where they ate bad ham and became zombies. They transmitted their zombiness by biting each other. I still shudder to this day and pretty much refuse to eat ham.
6. I also have mild OCD when it comes to pens. I HATE HATE HATE pens that have lost their caps. If the cap is gone, just throw the rest of the pen away because it just bugs me.
7. Even though teaching has become increasingly stressful with testing, Common Core, etc - I still love my job and I cannot imagine doing anything else.
8. I am probably the clumsiest person in California. I walk into walls, trip over my own feet, drop things... My husband is just used to it and says I passed it on to our son. Oops!
9. I'm a techie/Mac geek. I love all things Mac and I've been addicted to the computer since I was 10. My poor husband gets neglected sometimes because I'm too busy online. I even built my first webpage that I hand coded the HTML when I was 14. It was lime green and was about the Beatles. Yes, I was dorky even then ;)
10. And finally, I'm approaching my 2nd blogging anniversary and I'm amazed that I'm still in this thing. Thanks for reading and sticking with me!