There are a TON of Linky Parties going on right now! I think it's because all of us teachers have to stay busy with SOME type of assignments over our Holiday Break!
Mor over at a Teacher's Treasure is hosting the 2012 New Year Resolutions Link Up. You need to have 3-5 resolutions, both personal and professional.
- Run more! I'm currently part of a super cool fitness group on my Facebook that was started by a close friend this year. He's lost over 75 pounds on his own and goes running EVERY SATURDAY at 6am (yes - that's AM) sharp. I try my best to go every week, but sometimes I skip out and sleep in. So my resolution is to go more often AND fit in some running during the week.
- Eat Healthier! I eat horribly right now, which goes to show why I've packed on the pounds. For being a shorty (5'3) it's really unwise to weigh as much as I do. So, starting back on January 1st I'm going back to not drinking soda (my one true weakness) and staying far AWAY from the evil fast food places.
- Take Better Care of the House! I feel SO SO guilty when I don't have the house clean. We bought our first beautiful house in 2010 and I HATE when I'm so tired that it looks awful.
- Continue being an Awesome Mommy and Wife! I just don't want to slack on my family either. I mean, look at these two cute guys I live with!
- Tame my 4th Period from HELL! When I interviewed to transfer back to my current school, I was warned about these guys. They are a ROUGH group of kids that want to do NOTHING. Even watching videos aren't good enough for these chuckleheads. I have to develop and MAINTAIN some killer strategies so I don't lose it with these guys.
- Go Back to Rotations! I ♥ using Rotations in my classes. (Language Arts, Math, whatever) Now that I've weaseled my way into getting classroom tables again (GOODBYE evil single desks!) I can try and teach my stubbornly low students how to learn while doing rotations. Rotations mean that I can use my 8 class computers more frequently by putting my kids on XtraMath twice a week and I get to have small group instructional work.
- Stay on Top of my Grades/Grading! I hate it when I slack off and I have to grade HUGE stacks of papers! My goal is to get all my daily stuff graded - Daily! ;) I want to have my grades available for my kids so we can instantly know when they are not doing so great.